Crunchy Data is the industry leader in enterprise PostgreSQL support and open source solutions.
Crunchy Data was founded in 2012 by Bob Laurence & Paul Laurence with the mission of bringing the power and efficiency of open source PostgreSQL to security-conscious enterprises and eliminate expensive proprietary software costs. Since then, Crunchy Data has leveraged its expertise in managing large-scale, mission-critical systems to provide a suite of products and services, including:
- Building secure & mission-critical PostgreSQL deployments
- Architecting on-demand, secure database provisioning solutions on any cloud infrastructure
- Eliminating support inefficiencies to provide customers with guaranteed access to highly-trained engineers
- Helping large-scale enterprise to adopt open source solutions safely and at scale
Crunchy Data is committed to hiring and investing in the best talent available to pass on that PostgreSQL expertise to your enterprise.
Crunchy Data by The Numbers
- 50+ employees across 14 U.S. states, D.C., & Canada
- 10+ people who have made contributions to PostgreSQL and affiliated projects, including Core Team, Committers, Major Contributors, contributors to affiliated open source projects such as PostGIS, pgaudit, pgBackRest, & pgmonitor, and PostgreSQL community projects, from conference and meetup organization to nonprofit leadership.
- 5+ variations of Crunchy the Hippo stress balls. Can you collect them all?
PostgreSQL is our Business
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system with more than 20 years of active development. The active community, proven architecture and reputation for reliability, data integrity, feature robustness, and ease-of-use make PostgreSQL the prime candidate for enterprises looking to move from expensive proprietary technologies.
Crunchy Data is committed to ongoing PostgreSQL development by enabling our team to contribute both to the core PostgreSQL database and affiliated projects such as PostGIS, pgaudit, pgBackRest, & pgmonitor.
Open Source Initiative
Crunchy Data is committed to building the PostgreSQL community by actively supporting and contributing core database enhancements to the PostgreSQL Global Development Group. Our software is 100% open source so our customers are not exposed to vendor lock in.
Our customers can have confidence that Crunchy Certified PostgreSQL will always be 100% open source and supported by an active development community.