Crunchy Data Certified Training
Complete our Crunchy Data Certified Training to further your PostgreSQL technical skills and earn official Crunchy Data Certification.
Certified PostgreSQL Database Administration Training
Three days of in-person or virtual workshops that cover:
Introduction to PostgreSQL
Basic query performance
Data concurrency and locking
Monitoring and tools
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Setup a test environment with sample data
- Monitor database activity and statistics
- Look for problems in the server's log files
- Read the output of a query plan
- Deploy a high-availability standby replica
- Evaluate tools for analyzing the server's workload
- Setup the server postgresql.conf for a production system
- Monitor which queries are using up the most server resources
- Add and remove table indexes based on a production workload
- Look for queries that are stuck or locking excessively
- Evaluate tools for server monitoring and problem alerting
- Monitor whether a replica is keeping up with the master's traffic
- Understand what background maintenance the database does automatically
- Outline architectures for scaling PostgreSQL servers across multiple nodes
This training is ideal for:
Database administrators, systems administrators, or developers with working knowledge of SQL and database usage. Knowledge of the command line interface to a Linux system is needed to complete all of the workshop exercises.
This training is available to Crunchy Data subscription customers. If your organization is interested in learning more about our Enterprise PostgreSQL Support Subscription and this training program contact us today.
Display your Crunchy Data certified badge
Upon completion of the Crunchy Data Certified PostgreSQL DBA Training, you will receive a digital badge to share on your LinkedIn Profile, Facebook Page or Twitter account to validate your PostgreSQL expertise.
To learn more about the The Crunchy Data Certified PostgreSQL DBA Training, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.